Safety & Compliance Manager
At Super King, we are shaping the international food market culture within the grocery industry. We are proud to be the leader of international foods at the lowest prices and highest quality. Customers can count on our service through dedicated employees. Our employees are our best partners in this endeavor, making Super King a desirable workplace.
We are searching for only the best people! If you are a dedicated and talented person, come join our growing team. We offer competitive pay, benefits and a GREAT environment to work and grow. If you are ready to join our amazing team, please complete our application process.
It's all about safety at SK. Our safety conscious Safety Manager is passionate about planning, organizing, administering and supervising Super King Markets Safety Programs including safety committee, safety compliance, and training and OSHA regulations. This position requires frequent travel between locations with morning, night, weekend and holiday shifts.
- Works safely at all times and follows all established safety guidelines and procedures
- Assists, plans and implements safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations including Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Department of Transportation (DOT)
- Assists in development and implementation of safety training programs for compliance with OSHA regulations and other federal, state or local requirements
- Maintains safety files and records
- Performs safety inspections/audits, training, prepares written reports of findings and recommendations for corrective or preventive measures where indicated and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented
- Schedule and train employees on power equipment and food safety handling procedures
- Conducts post-accident investigation and prepares report identifying possible accident causes and hazards for use by company personnel and senior management
- Assist, set up and conducts training
- Assists in the development, evaluation and upgrading of safety program
- Maintains and distributes yearly OSHA injury and illness records
- Develop and maintain good relations with local fire and OSHA agencies
- Works independently on a daily basis providing quality reports, analysis and policies in Workers Compensation and Safety
- Performs other tasks assigned by Management
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit and the use of a computer
- Occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Available to work flexible schedules, including early mornings, afternoons, weekends & holidays